Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2018

Wisdom



   One of my uncles has been developmentally challenged most of his life.
   I call him once a month or so, and our dialogues usually consist of my questions and his one syllable responses.
   He lived with his parents, who cared for him until they died.  Then he lived in a retirement home and was looked after by his sister, my aunt.  Now will be looked after by one of my cousins.
   My aunt recently died.  When another of my cousins went to tell him, he looked out the window, shook a bit, and said, “I thought I would go first.”
   My cousin told him that my aunt was in heaven with her parents and her husband.
   My uncle replied, “Someday Jesus will come and open up all the graves.  Won’t that be a great day!”
    But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong;”  1 Corinthians 1:27    Amen.
  







No comments:

Post a Comment