Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2016

God Sees The Heart


   Whenever Sally and I are in Los Angeles, we try to stop at the Nate ‘N Al Delicatessen.
It’s “Old Hollywood” and you might still see a celebrity, who everyone leaves alone. It’s that kind of place.

   We were there the other day and as we were leaving, David Crosby (of Crosby, Stills and Nash, and later Young) looked up, looked at my Sally-braided beard, smiled and nodded.

   Later in the day, we were at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. We were talking with one of the
guards who felt comfortable enough to say, “You know, I have a pair of scissors in my purse, and I could just cut that thing off.”

   I said, “You’ll have to get in line”.

   Our appearances all make cultural statements.

   It’s important to understand them, but God goes beyond them.

   God sees the heart.

   1 Samuel 16:7b

No comments:

Post a Comment