Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

That's Grace

A couple of days before Easter, Sally and I went to Target late at night to pick up a few things for our Easter celebration.


I swim on an adult swim team and don’t like to work-out with more than a PowerBar in my stomach.

I needed some, and I had a coupon, so I brought a box to the check-out stand.

The checker, however, told me that I needed to buy two boxes to use the coupon.

There was no one waiting behind us, I was thankful, so I ran back into the store for the box and when I returned she scanned it and snorted, “This coupon has expired.

“But (I was wearing my clerical collar), I’m going to give it to you anyway.

“You look like a guy who’s going to need a PowerBar this weekend.”

That’s grace.

Jesus’ coupon had expired on Good Friday, but he took his life back.

That’s Grace: the promise of his unearned love for you and for me, and for all who live by faith in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment