Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

Be Ready

Sally and I were on a “stay”-cation for a week-and-a-half in August.

One of the things we did was watch the movie “John Carter” on DVD.

It was released this year by Disney and was based on an early 20th century comic book character.

The movie lost around $200 million dollars. I wanted to see why.

I had read reports that it was a marketing problem.

But, I don’t think that was the main challenge.

In my opinion, it was s storytelling issue.

It is rare for us to be asked to tell the story of why we are Christians, and we often only get one hearing. Our telling needs to be ready and it needs to be real.

Peter said, “Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence.” 1 Peter 3:15b-16a

No comments:

Post a Comment