Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

Hope and Trust

Sally and I were at a dinner, following a regional worship service Sally had planned and led last month, in a participant’s back yard in Pasadena.


As I scooted my wooden folding chair under the table, I somehow managed to pinch the skin under the fingers of my left hand inside the chair.

My legs were now under the table, their weight on my hand, so I could not get up.

There were people all around me and, well, there is no graceful way to extricate one’s self from this kind of awkward social situation.

I shifted my weight to the other side and pushed my chair back with as little facial expression as I could manage.

We sometimes face decisions where there is no good alternative.  Something bad will happen, no matter what we do. We must simply choose the best alternative, and act.

How wonderful, therefore, that we are saved by faith through God’s grace.  We can act, if not with perfection, with hope and trust in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment