Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Big Dreams, Big Consequences


   I know I had some weird dreams the other night, but I only remember one.

   I dreamed that, on my own initiative and without consulting anyone, I bought a huge cargo plane for the congregation.

   The cost of the plane didn’t bother me in my dream.  Instead, I was concerned about how we were going to pay for the fuel, where we were going fly and land it, and store it, and pay to insure it.

   Big dreams.  Big consequences.

   I thought of this when I read an article on a congregation’s purpose.   

   What are we passionate about? 

   What is the big dream God has given us to realize, whatever the cost?

   Our mission is “to introduce people to new life in Jesus Christ that grows into enthusiastic Christian living.”

   That’s a pretty big dream.  And the best thing is that Jesus has already paid for it!

    Come and worship the living God with us this Sunday at Faith Lutheran Church at 8:30 a.m. or at 10:00 a.m.  We’re located at 505 East Bonita Avenue (one-half block east of the Post office) in San Dimas. 

   Find more information at www.faithsd.net.  Contact me at flc@faithsd.net or at 909 599-3978 if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment